Job Description: Sales Manager
General Summary: Manages sales of the company’s products and services in within a defined geographic area, province or country. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
• Collaborates with President in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company.
• Manages an assigned geographic sales area or product line to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
• Establishes and manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Performs sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with President.
• Manages personnel and develops sales and sales support staff.
• Reviews progress of sales roles throughout the company.
• Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
• Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products.
• Provides results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
• Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
• Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
• Assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with top echelon decision-makers.
• Collaborates with President to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines.
• Interprets short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
• Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
• Collaborates with President to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
• Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
• Holds regular meeting with sales staff.
• Reports directly to President.
A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred; or a minimum of seven years of related experience or training in Cookware or Kitchen Home Appliances sector; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information. Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team. Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies. Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. A valid driver’s license.